PARK TEMPORARILY CLOSED TO CAMPING DUE TO CONSTRUCTION
On January 5, 1680, French explorers René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle, and Henri de Tonti established Fort Crève Coeur, in which Mass was celebrated and the Gospel preached by the Récollets, Gabriel Ribourde, Zenobius Membre and Louis Hennepin. They finished the fort in early March, naming it "Fort Broken Heart" because of the tribulations, including desertions, that they suffered during its construction.
Park Hours: Dawn to Dusk
Historic Fort Creve Coeur Park in the Village of Creve Coeur Illinois